Shanna S. White
Julie K. Barcellona
Assistant County Clerk/Recorder/Assessor
Welcome to the Trinity County Assessor's Website
The Trinity County Assessor's Office will be CLOSED Friday, September 23rd 2022.
The Assessor is responsible for determining the assessed value of all taxable Real and Personal Property located within Trinity County.
What the Assessor Does:
• Locates all taxable property within Trinity County
• Identifies the person who owns, claims, possesses, or controls property on the Lien Date (R&T § 405)
• Establishes the assessed value of all taxable property in accordance with the law
• Completes the assessment roll showing the assessed values of all properties
• Applies all legal exemptions
The Assessor Does NOT:
• Compute property tax bills
• Issue tax bills
• Establish property tax laws or property tax rates
The Property Tax Postponement Program has been reinstated for 2016. See the California State Controller's Property Tax Postponement Program Flyer for more information.