**NEW** COMMERCIAL CANNABIS VARIANCE (CCV) Resolution
A resolution of the Board of supervisors of the County of Trinity allowing streamlined approval of Cannabis licenses that require CCV's for the calendar year 2023.
READ the resolution here: Board of Supervisors Resolution No. 2023-071
Below is the templated language & guidance for variance applicants to include in their App C's:
- Variance Appendix C Policy Memo
- Appendix C Resource Category Variance Language
- Template Noise Report (PDF) | Template Noise Report (Word Doc)
- Noise Light and Odor Attenuation Plan Template (PDF) | Noise Light and Odor Attenuation Plan Template (Word Doc)
We will begin accepting new applications and associated CEQA documents starting 5/4/2023. In order to get an intake appointment, the complete CEQA document needs to be submitted with the applicant’s name, business name, APN, WDID, and must meet the dwelling requirements (finaled or grandfathered building or with both an active Building Permit and a Directors Use Permit(DUP) for a temporary construction RV) to the email firstname.lastname@example.org. The CEQA document needs to have all applicable studies and site plans to move forward from this phase. If the application is located in an opt-out zone and doesn't meet the opt-out "grandfathering" criteria, it will be denied. Once the project has passed the preliminary review, you will then be scheduled for an application intake appointment where you will submit a hardcopy of the new CCL application and a half down non-refundable deposit. Once a completed application has been received, the CEQA document will go to initial review and be processed in the order that approved applications were received.
Our estimated processing time is 8 to 12 weeks.
UPDATE - Cut-off date for projects that havent submitted Appendix C's
4/28/23 is the last day for Appendix C submission, for previously licensed sites, utilizing a previously submitted renewal application. Appendix C documents submitted must be complete and include the necessary studies (Biological Resource Assessment, Cultural, SMP, etc.).
Applications for new small cultivation licenses will be accepted starting on 5/1/2023 and will be accepted by appointment only, with a completed Appendix C document submitted along with a completed new application.
Cannabis Use Permit applications and license applications for additional non cultivation license types (distro, manufacturing, non storefront retail, microbusiness, etc.) will be accepted starting early summer 2023.
We will not be accepting requests to modify site conditions on sites with approved APP C documents until the existing backlog of Appendix C documents have been processed.
Cannabis Ordinance Update 2023:
Local Equity Program Information:
Trinity County’s application, with the Governors Office of Business and Economic Development( GO-Biz), for type 2 Equity grant funds was not approved. We will reapply in late 2023.
- Equity Program Application and Eligibility We have not been awarded the grant yet but are hopeful we will find out soon. Once we hear the news we will post confirmation here.
- Local Equity Program Manual
- Cannabis Equity Assessment
Commercial Cannabis Cultivation License Refund or withdrawl Documents:
Is Your Contact Information Up to Date?
Please be advised that it is the applicant's responsibility (and, if applicable, their authorized agent's responsibility) to ensure that the Trinity County Cannabis Division has accurate and up to date contact information for the applicant (and, if applicable, their authorized agent). Mandatory contact information includes email, phone number, and mailing address.
The Trinity County Cannabis Division will use the contact information provided on the applicant's most recently submitted license application for all communications, unless otherwise updated by the applicant or their authorized agent(s). The Trinity County Cannabis Division shall not be responsible for any communication not received by the applicant (or their authorized representative) if accurate and up to date contact information has not been provided in writing.
If the applicant (or their authorized representative) contact information needs to be updated, please email the Trinity County Cannabis Division at email@example.com.
Appendix C (Environmental Checklist) Information:
Starting October 20th, the Planning Department Cannabis Division is accepting Appendix C documents for all existing and new licensees. The prioritization for reviewing Appendix C documents is outlined in the Transition Plan.
- Appendix C Resubmittals
- Mitigation Measure Applicability Table
- The following table is intended to identify which of the mitigation measures included in the Trinity County Cannabis Program EIR are applicable to specific projects. This is to be included with any Appendix C: Environmental Checklist submission.
- State Project Description
- Copy of Transition Plan adopted by BOS on October 19th, 2021
- The Appendix C (Environmental Checklist) Submittal Coversheet will need to be completed for Appendix C Environmental Checklists.
- Electronic submittals are encouraged via email with the subject line "Appendix C for CCL ###".
- Emailed submissions should be sent to the new Cannabis Division general email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- While it is highly encouraged to use an environmental professional, the Appendix C (Environmental Checklist) can be completed by anyone.
- All supporting scientific studies and reports must be completed by qualified professionals (i.e. Qualified Biologist, Licensed Geologist etc.).
- Appendix C (Environmental Checklist) - PDF
- Appendix C (Environmental Checklist) - WORD Doc
- List of Consultants
- How to Become a Qualified Professional
- Trinity County Cannabis Program Final Environmental Impact Report (FEIR)
Cannabis Program Updates/Policy Memos:
- New Protocols for Requesting and Scheduling Inspections
- Appendix C Resubmittals
- Inactive Commercial Cannabis License Files and Transfers
- DCC Memo: State Provisional Licenses Remain Valid in Trinity County
- Memo Regarding TAA vs. County Trinity (Case No. 19cv00) Judgment
Cultivation Medium Outdoor (Type III) License Availability – Updated 12/20/19
Currently, the Planning Department Cannabis Division has confirmed interest from the first 15 eligible 2016/2017 CCL holders. At this time all 15 available licensees are reserved. However, please check back for updates on this process.
Resolution No. 2016-077 Adopting Four Principles on Local Regulations of Cannabis
Chapter 17.43 - Commercial Cannabis Cultivation Regulations
Chapter 17.43A - Wholesale Cannabis Nurseries and Resale of Auxiliary Nursery Products
Chapter 17.43B - Distribution Regulations for Commercial Cannabis
Chapter 17.43C - Cannabis Testing Facilities Regulations
Chapter 17.43D - Cannabis Non-Storefront Retail
Chapter 17.43E - Cannabis Microbusiness
Chapter 17.43F - Cannabis Manufacturing
Retail Storefront Ordinance 315-852
|Cannabis Fee Schedule|
|Class Type||Application Fee||General Plan Update Fee|
|Cultivation Specialty Cottage Outdoor||$750.00||$250.00|
|Cultivation Specialty Cottage Mixed Light||$1,500.00||$250.00|
|Cultivation Specialty Cottage Indoor||$2,000.00||$250.00|
|Cultivation Specialty Outdoor and Mixed Light||$3,000.00||$1,000.00|
|Cultivation Small Outdoor and Mixed Light||$5,000.00||$1,000.00|
|Cultivation Medium Outdoor (candidates only)||$8,000.00||$1,000.00|
|Cultivation Self Transport||No Fee||No Fee|
|Distribution Type 11 (Distributor)||$6,000.00||$1,000.00|
|Distribution Type 13 (Transport Only)||$2,000.00||No Fee|
|Manufacturing Type 6||$5,000.00||$1,000.00|
|Manufacturing Type 7||$6,000.00||$1,000.00|
|Manufacturing Type N||$2,000.00||$500.00|
|Manufacturing Type P||$2,000.00||$500.00|
|Manufacturing Type S (not currently available)||
$2,000 for non cultivators
No fee for culivators
|Microbusiness Specialty Cottage||$2,500.00||$750.00|
Intial Fee: $2 per square foot
Renewal Fee: $1,000
|$1,000 for both initial and renewal|
|Cannabis Variance Fee||$751.00||No Fee|
|Conditional Use Permit||$2,439.001||No Fee|
1 - Ask staff for a fee estimate prior to writing a check/submitting formal payment. This is the base value associated with CUP applications and the total fee cost is project specific.
Appeal Form (Application Fee of $500)
Cultivation Self-Transport Application
State Waterboard Receipt Example
Cannabis Waste Management Plan Requirements
Well Rate Recovery Testing Form
Hoop House Guidance Updated 5/30/2018
What is NOT considered a hoop house Updated 5/30/2018
California Department of Fish and Wildlife Related Documents
Guidance from the California Department of Fish and Wildlife for Compliance with Fish and Game Code 1602 (updated December 1, 2017)
California Department of Fish & Wildlife Notification of Lake or Streambed Alteration Webpage
California State Waterboard Related Documents
California Water Board Cannabis Cultivation Webpage
State Water Resources Control Board Statement of Water Diversion and Use Application
Opt Out Area Maps
Trinity Center Community Services District
Coffee Creek Volunteer Fire District Maps
Weaverville CSD - North (Weaverville)
Weaverville CSD - South (Weaverville & Douglas City)
Lewiston CSD and Bucktail Subdivision
Lewiston Opt Out Expansion Ext 1
Ord. No. 315-851 Rush Creek Estates & Lewiston Expansion Amendment
Less Than 3-Acre Conversions
Ordinance 315-815.EXT Prohibiting Three-Acre Conversions
Less Than 3-Acre Conversions Affidavit