As of November 16, 2020, the Trinity County Planning, Building, Environmental Health, and Cannabis Offices will be closed for walk-in services and appointments in order to reduce the spread of COVID-19.
Department Policy Changes as of June 9, 2020 (subject to change at anytime)
Effective June 1, 2018 the Building Department will no longer be able to provide change for cash transactions. We will be able to accept personal checks, cashier's checks, money orders, and exact cash transactions.
8:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. Monday through Thursday (Fridays only by appointment)
Our office will be open to the public on a limited basis starting Wednesday, June 10th:
- Appointments are highly recommended during this time;
- Site inspections have resumed with social distancing requirements being met at all times; and
- Payments by check or credit card are preferred.
Please see the June 9, 2020 Memorandum for more information.
Building Inspections are done 8:00am to 3:30 pm daily:
Call for inspection: 530-623-4890
Please Note: Please leave a message with your building permit number, requested date, type of inspection, owner’s last name and related community. To be placed on the same day schedule, a message must be left before 8:00 am.
Misc Permit Applications and Forms:
- Building Permit Application [PDF]
- Minimum Dwelling Unit [PDF]
- Energy Calculations for Title 24 [PDF]
- Electric Power on Vacant Land Policy (Jan 2010) [PDF]
- Mobile/Manufactured Home Permit Application [PDF]
- Contractor's List [PDF]
- Architects, Engineers, & Surveyors [PDF]
- Caltrans Encroach. Permit Information & Application [PDF]
- On-line Code Violation Complaint Form
- Drafter's List
ENVIRONMENTAL HEALTH - Takes you to Environmental Health Page