Trinity County Transportation Commission (TCTC), RTPA
Panos Kokkas, Executive Secretary
Public Hearing and Adoption of the 2022 Trinity County Regional Transportation Plan and Negative Declaration
The Trinity County Transportation Commission will hold a public hearing to consider the adoption of the 2022 Regional Transportation Plan (RTP) and the associated Negative Declaration (ND).
DATE: Tuesday, February 7, 2023
TIME: 9:00 a.m. (or shortly thereafter)
PLACE: Library Conference Room,
351 Main Street, Weaverville, CA 96093
The Draft RTP and ND are available online at
Notice of Openings on the
Social Service Transportation Advisory Council
Application deadline: 5:00 PM, Tuesday, January 31, 2023
The Trinity County Transportation Commission (TCTC) is seeking nominations for the Social Services Transportation Advisory Council (SSTAC). Vacancies include:
“One representative of potential transit users who is 60 years of age or older,”
“One representative of potential transit users who are disabled,”
The purpose of the SSTAC is to solicit the input of transit dependent and transit disadvantaged persons, including the elderly, handicapped, low income persons, and the youth, regarding transit needs in Trinity County. The SSTAC is convened annually, at minimum, for the Unmet Transit Needs process as required by the Transportation Development Act. Members serve a three (3) year term.
Please submit a letter explaining your interest in transit services and any background that may assist the Commission in making its decision.
Send your letter of interest to: Panos Kokkas, Executive Secretary
If you have any questions, contact Sarah Saad, Transportation Planner,
at (530) 623-1365 Ext. 3400 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
TCTC's purpose is to prepare and provide for Trinity County's mobility in a fiscially and environmentally responsible manner which is consistent with the needs, preferences, and sensibilities of the community. The Trinity County Transportation Commission (TCTC) is the designated Regional Transportation Planning Agency (RTPA) established by Government Code §29535. TCTC is responsible for transportation planning activities in all of Trinity County.
Specific responsibilities include regional coordination, claimant funding and oversight, grant application and management, and the preparation and adoption of the following planning documents:
- Regional Transportation Plan (RTP) to provide direction to local, state, and federal transportation planning decision makers regarding regional transportation matters.
- 2022 RTP (in progress 2022)
- Final 2016 RTP
- Figures 1-6 RTP
- Amendment No. 1 to 2016 RTP
- 2016 RTP Checklist
Appendix 1A County Maintained Roads
Appendix 1B County Bridge List
Appendix 2 Travel Demand Model
Appendix 3 Signalization Study
Appendix 4A Caltrans Projects
Appendix 4B County STIP Shares
Appendix 4 C - 4 G County Project Lists
Appendix 5 RTP Initial Study
- Regional Transportation Improvement Program (RTIP) for the State Transportation Improvement Program (STIP) to prioritize and program proposed state or federally funded transportation projects.
- Overall Work Program (OWP) to outline regional planning efforts which utilize Rural Planning Assistance funds each fiscal year.
Social Services Transportation Advisory Council
Plans and Reports
Roles and Responsibilities of the Commission, Social Services Technical Advisory Committee, Transportation Planning Documents, Meetings and Calendars.
- Active Transportation Plan
- Master Fund Transfer Agreement
- Coordinated Public Transit-Human Services Transportation Plan
- Short Range Transit Development Plan
Trinity County Maps & Data
- Trinity County GIS Data Portal
- Trinity County Parcel Viewer -- Basic planning and services information for parcels in Trinity County, CA
- Trinity Transit -- Website for the Trinity Transit bus system: Route Maps, Schedules, Fares and general Rider Information.
Other Transportation Options
Regional Transportation Services