Interim Deputy Director of Operations
Follow us on Twitter for current road information and general announcements.
- RFP CHIP Spreader- Road Dept January 2022 RFP Chip Spreader deadline for bid 2-1-22 10am
- County Levees
- County Road Operations & Maintenance
- County Surveyor
- Surveyor Fees [PDF]
- Environmental Compliance
- Ruth-Zenia Road and Van Duzen Road (FLAP)
- 2017 Storm Damage
- Road Maintenance and rehabilitation Account(RMRA) Project List
- Pedestrian Facilities
- GIS Data Portal
- Encroachment Permit Services
Central Federal Lands are recommending ALL trucks and RV’s not use Van Duzen Road past post mile 9.5. Anyone towing a travel trailer or boat may have trouble getting around the curve due to wall construction.
- Transportation Permit Services
- Transportation Permit Information Sheet [PDF]
- Transportation Permit General Provisions [PDF]
- Bridge Load Ratings List [PDF]
- Transportation Permit Application Form with Numbered Fields [PDF] (see Application Instructions below)
- Transportation Permit Application Instructions [PDF]
- Insurance Certificate Requirements Info Sheet [PDF]
- TRANSPORTATION PERMIT APPLICATION [PDF]
- Sign Division
- Trinity Transit Bus Operations
- Transportation Commission
DEAD ANIMAL POLICY
While the responsibility of wildlife animals rest with the United States Forest Service or California Department of Fish and Game, they do not pick up wild animal carcasses. At this time there is no public agency in Trinity County that removes animals struck by vehicles.
If an animal is struck by a vehicle and obstructing a County Roadway, the D.O.T. road crews may move the animal to the side of road, but will not remove the carcass from the site.
If the animal dies on private property, it is the owner’s responsibility to dispose of the carcass; State Highways are handled by Caltrans. In the case of a domestic animal, please call the Trinity County Animal Shelter (530-623-1370); they will attempt to locate the owner but they do not pick up the animal – that is the owner’s responsibility.
Public Notices and Questionnaires:
Additional General Information:
- Preliminary Fema Flood Maps
- Preliminary FIRM Panels & FIS Report
- FEMA Proposed Flood Hazard Determinations
- Snow Plowing Policy
- County Maintained Mileage 2020 by Rd No.
ROAD CONSTRUCTION ON STATE HWYS:
Caltrans has a set up a Road Construction Hotline with important project related information including expected delay times. You can call 530-225-3452, 24 hours a day to access this information. You can also log on to www.caltrans2.info or follow us on Twitter @Caltrans D2.
Please remember to follow some simple guidelines while traveling during hot days. Due to extreme temperatures and probable delays along the highways, it is very important to do the following before setting out on your drive:
- Make sure you have a full tank of gas
- Check your air conditioning and coolant levels
- Bring plenty of water and snacks with you
- Use the restroom before leaving home
- Please leave pets at home if at all possible
Buckhorn Traffic Cam (via Caltrans)
Oregon Mountain Traffic Cam (via Caltrans)
Local Chain Requirements (via Caltrans)
OHV Accessibility in Trinity County:
State Highway Projects: