Trinity County DOT Main Office, Weaverville, CA


Trinity County Department of Transportation Seal


 Department of Transportation 

Director, Panos Kokkas, P.E.


Report a Problem Form   

Notice for ext.8 530 623-1365 Road event information line


Canyon Creek Road is now open for travel. 


 Visit our Face book pages :

 Trinity County DOT Facebook  

 Trinity Transit Facebook

Regional Transportation Plan (RTP) Update



While the responsibility of wildlife animals rest with the United States Forest Service or California Department of Fish and Game, they do not pick up wild animal carcasses. At this time there is no public agency in Trinity County that removes animals struck by vehicles. 


If an animal is struck by a vehicle and obstructing a County Roadway, the D.O.T. road crews may move the animal to the side of road, but will not remove the carcass from the site.


If the animal dies on private property, it is the owner’s responsibility to dispose of the carcass; State Highways are handled by Caltrans. In the case of a domestic animal, please call the Trinity County Animal Shelter (530-623-1370); they will attempt to locate the owner but they do not pick up the animal – that is the owner’s responsibility.


Public Notices and Questionnaires:

Additional General Information:

Preliminary Fema Flood Maps



Caltrans has a set up a Road Construction Hotline with important project related information including expected delay times. You can call 530-225-3452, 24 hours a day to access this information. You can also log on to or follow us on Twitter @Caltrans D2.

Please remember to follow some simple guidelines while traveling during hot days. Due to extreme temperatures and probable delays along the highways,  it is very important to do the following before setting out on your drive:

  • Make sure you have a full tank of gas
  • Check your air conditioning and coolant levels
  • Bring plenty of water and snacks with you
  • Use the restroom before leaving home
  • Please leave pets at home if at all possible

Buckhorn Traffic Cam (via Caltrans)

Oregon Mountain Traffic Cam (via Caltrans)

Local Chain Requirements (via Caltrans)

OHV Accessibility in Trinity County:

State Highway Projects: