Anyone who tests positive; regardless of vaccination status, previous infection, or lack of symptoms should follow the CDPH Guidance for isolation (this includes school aged children):
- Stay home (PDF) for at least 5 days.
- Isolation can end after day 5 if symptoms are not present or are resolving and a diagnostic specimen* collected on day 5 or later tests negative.
- If unable to test or choosing not to test, and symptoms are not present or are resolving, isolation can end after day 10.
- If fever is present, isolation should be continued until fever resolves.
- If symptoms, other than fever, are not resolving continue to isolate until symptoms are resolving or until after day 10.
- Wear a well-fitting mask around others for a total of 10 days, especially in indoor settings (see Section below on masking for additional information)
Updated School Guidance as of January 12: https://www.cdph.ca.gov/Programs/CID/DCDC/Pages/COVID-19/K-12-Guidance-2021-22-School-Year.aspx
Access to testing can be found at https://www.trinitycounty.org/