We just used the at home 15 minute Covid-19 test that was mailed to us from the government. My partner tested positive and I tested negative. How do we report the positive test to Public Health and how soon should I test again since we live together? Thank you.
Positive and Negative at-home tests can be reported online here: https://my.primary.health/l/trinity or by calling 650-275-5419; Mon - Fri 8-5 PST Here is the current Quarantine guidance for those exposed to COVID-19; which indicated testing on or after Day 5.
Persons Who are Exposed to Someone with COVID-19 (Quarantine):
- Unvaccinated; OR
- Vaccinated and booster-eligible but have not yet received their booster dose.
- Stay home for at least 5 days, after your last contact with a person who has COVID-19. https://www.cdph.ca.gov/Programs/CID/DCDC/CDPH%20Document%20Library/COVID-19/selfq_handout.pdf
- Test on day 5.
- Quarantine can end after day 5 if symptoms are not present and a diagnostic specimen collected on day 5 or later tests negative.
- If unable to test or choosing not to test, and symptoms are not present, quarantine can end after day 10.
- Wear a well-fitting mask around others for a total of 10 days, especially in indoor settings (see Section below on masking for additional information).
- Strongly encouraged to get vaccinated or boosted.
- If testing positive, follow isolation recommendations above.
- If symptoms develop, test and stay home.